Ancient Olympia Stadium with the race track
The image shows the race track and the surrounding stadium used in the ancient Olympia Games. This stadium is situated on the east side of the Sanctuary of Olympia in Greece, and could hold 45,000 spectators. On the western side of the stadium, there is an arched entrance known as Krypte, which was used only by athletes and officials.
As you can see from the image, the race track is rectangular, and the dimensions of this race track are:
- Length (i.e., between the starting and ending markers) – 192.27 meters
- Width – 28.50 meters.
A stone ridge runs along the perimeter of the race track. Within the perimeter, there are two stone markers embedded on the ground; One is at the starting line and the other is at the termination line.
– Entrance to the ancient Olympic Stadium
– Arch at the entrance to the ancient Olympic Stadium
– Starting line marker embedded on the race track
– Olympia, Delphi, Athens, Meteora
– Crete, Greek Islands, Greece
– Minoan Civilization, Mycenaean Civilization
Copyright © 2017 – 2020 by Lawrence Rodrigues. All rights reserved.