Starting line marker on the race track
The image shows the stone marker embedded at the starting line of the race track located on the east side of the Sanctuary of Olympia in Greece. The race track also has a similar stone marker embedded on the ground at the termination line.
A stone ridge runs along the perimeter of the track. The dimensions of this race track are:
– Length (i.e., between the starting and ending markers) – 192.27 meters
– Width – 28.50 meters.
The stadium that existed around this race track had the capacity of 45,000.
– Entrance to the ancient Olympic Stadium
– Arch at the entrance to the ancient Olympic Stadium
– Ancient Olympic Stadium with the race track
– Panathenaic Stadium in Athens
– Olympia, Delphi, Athens, Meteora
– Crete, Greek Islands, Greece
– Minoan Civilization, Mycenaean Civilization
Copyright © 2017 – 2020 by Lawrence Rodrigues. All rights reserved.