Garbhagriha (Inner Sanctum)
As you can see, there is only a pedestal at the center of the garbhagriha. Because the main idol is missing, experts cannot say for sure to whom the Durga Temple was dedicated. Some historians believe that the temple was dedicated to either Surya, the sun god, or Vishnu.
The rear wall of garbhagriha is circular and part of an apse-like structure built by perfectly fitting stones.
Durga Temple Images
– Exterior: Front view, Rear view, West side view
– Mukhamantapa: Exterior, Interior, Ornate pillar, Mithuna Shilpa, Vidyadhara couple, Romantic couple, Coiled Nagaraja, Matsya Chakra
– Interior: Dvārabandha, Sabhamantapa, Garbhagriha
– Pradakshina Patha: West facing view, East facing view,
– Devakoshtas: Shiva with his vehicle Nandi, Narasimhavatara, Vishnu riding Garuda, Varahavatara, Durga as Mahishasuramardini, Harihara
– Jālandharas: Swastika and lotus flower patterns, Rhombus-shaped perforations, Dharmachakra – 8 spokes, Dharmachakra – 12 spokes, Square perforations
– Durga Temple at Aihole
– Badami, Cave – 1, Cave – 2, Cave – 3, Cave – 4
– Belur Chennakeshava Temple – Bracket Figures
– Belur Chennakeshava Temple – Navaranga
– Belur Chennakeshava Temple – Garbhagriha Outer Wall
– Somanathapura Keshava Temple – A Masterpiece of Hoysala Temple Art
– Hampi Virupaksha Temple Murals
Copyright © 2021 by YatrikaOne. All rights reserved.