The image shows a section of the murals painted more than 500-years ago on the ceiling of the Ranga Mantapa, a covered hall in front of the garbhagriha (inner sanctum) of the Virupaksha Temple, located in Hampi, Karnataka, India.
It depicts Brahma with his consort Sarasvati sitting on his lap.
Check the Hampi Virupaksha Temple Murals page for a detailed explanation of the paintings.
– Hampi Virupaksha Temple Murals
– Belur Chennakeshava Temple – Bracket Figures
– Belur Chennakeshava Temple – Navaranga
– Belur Chennakeshava Temple – Garbhagriha Outer Wall
– Kappe Chennigaraya Shrine
– Somanathapura Keshava Temple
Badami Chalukya Temples
– Badami, Cave – 1, Cave – 2, Cave – 3, Cave – 4
– Durga Temple at Aihole
Copyright © 2019 – 2021 by YatrikaOne. All rights reserved.