An external view of the Alhambra from the Generalife
The image shows a magnificent view of the Alhambra buildings from the Generalife. The Sierra Nevada Mountains are in the background.
On the far left (i.e., south) is the Iglesia de Santa María de la Alhambra (Church of St. Mary of the Alhambra). The square building next to it is the Palacio Carlos V (Charles V Palace).
At the far end (i.e., west) is the Torre de la Vela, a tower with a bell and flags located at the west end of the Alcazaba. In front of it are the Torre del Homenaje and Torre Quebrada. The tower on the far right is the Tower of Mohammed.
At the near end (i.e., east) is the Gardens of the Partal with Torre de las Damas (Tower of the Ladies) and Oratario on the right and attached to the wall.
Behind the Gardens of the Partal and between Palacio Carlos V and Tower of Mohammed are the buildings belonging to the Nasrid Palaces that include Mexuar, Comares Palace, and Palace of Lions.
– Palacios Nazaríes – Nasrid Palaces – A Shining Example of Moorish Art and Architecture
– Los Jardines del Partal – The Gardens of the Partal
– Alcazaba – A Formidable Fortress of the Nasrids
– Medina, the Bustling City
– Alhambra – Christian-Era Monuments
– Alhambra – Outer Monuments
Generalife – Heavenly Gardens of the Nasrids
Copyright © 2019 – 2020 by Lawrence Rodrigues. All rights reserved.