Ashtabhuja (8-armed) Vishnu
The image shows a statue of Vishnu with eight arms standing inside the southern gopura of the outer enclosure entrance to the Angkor Wat Temple, located in Siem Reap Cambodia. According to some experts, it once stood inside the principal sanctuary, i.e., the uppermost terrace of the temple.
Check the other Ashtabhuja Vishnu sculptures:
– Ashtabhuja Vishnu in Cave – 3 of Rock-cut cave temples of Badami in Karnataka, India
– Ashtabhuja Vishnu mounted on the outer wall of the Somanathapura Keshava Temple in Karnataka, India
– Angkor Wat, Angkor Wat Bas-Reliefs, Angkor Thom, Bayon, Ta Prohm, Banteay Srei
– Phnom Kulen, Tonlé Sap, Cambodia
– Bali, Prambanan, Borobudur, Indonesia
Copyright © 2018 – 2021 by YatrikaOne. All rights reserved.