South library – East facade
The image shows the facade of the south library structure situated near entrance of the Banteay Srei Temple, about 16 miles northeast of Siem Reap, Cambodia. The bas-relief on the pediment of the facade depicts the scene Ravana shaking Mount Kailash based on an episode narrated in the Hindu epic Ramayana. In addition to the pediment, the facade has a beautifully decorated false door with a lintel on top of it.
Library Related Images
– North Library – East Facade
– South Library – East Facade
– Angkor Wat, Angkor Wat Bas-Reliefs, Angkor Thom, Bayon, Ta Prohm, Banteay Srei
– Phnom Kulen, Tonlé Sap, Cambodia
– Bali, Prambanan, Prambanan Bas-Reliefs, Borobudur, Indonesia
Copyright © 2023 by YatrikaOne. All rights reserved.