The life-sized marble statues of two brothers – Cleobis and Biton – were the votive offerings at the Sanctuary of Apollo in Delphi by the city-state of Argos, which is located on the Argolis region of Peloponnese in Greece.
Both the statues and one of the bases with an inscription were found near the Treasury of the Athenians in 1893. They were dated approximately 580 BCE. The statues are now on display at the Delphi Archaeological Museum in Delphi, Greece.
See the rear view of these statues.
Copyright © 2017 – 2020 by Lawrence Rodrigues. All rights reserved.