The garbhagriha is a small chamber carved out of the stone at the rear of the cave. Only the pedestal of the main idol remains. It is believed that a statue of Maha Vishnu once stood on this pedestal.
Notice the smaller pedestals on the sides. It is likely that these carried two female figures, the consorts of Vishnu.
– Badami, Cave – 1, Cave – 2, Cave – 3, Cave – 4
– Durga Temple at Aihole
– Somanathapura Keshava Temple – A Masterpiece of Hoysala Temple Art
– Belur Chennakeshava Temple – Bracket Figures
– Belur Chennakeshava Temple – Navaranga
– Belur Chennakeshava Temple – Garbhagriha Outer Wall
– Belur Chennakeshava Temple – Kappe Chennigaraya Shrine
– Hampi Virupaksha Temple Murals
Copyright © 2019 – 2021 by YatrikaOne. All rights reserved.