The image shows the outer entrance, known as the Mahadvara, to the Somanathapura Keshava Temple in Karnataka, India. Mahadvara means great door. As you can see, the Mahadvara has a doorway in the middle with a pavilion on each side. Extending these pavilions is the eastern wall of the prakara (a protective wall enclosing the temple).
Erected inside the left pavilion is a stone slab inscribed with the dates and details of the construction of the temple.
– Somanathapura Keshava Temple – A Masterpiece of Hoysala Temple Art
– Belur Chennakeshava Temple – Bracket Figures
– Belur Chennakeshava Temple – Navaranga
– Belur Chennakeshava Temple – Garbhagriha Exterior
– Kappe Chennigaraya Temple
– Badami Cave – 1, Badami Cave – 2, Badami Cave – 3, Badami Cave – 4
Copyright © 2019 – 2020 by Lawrence Rodrigues. All rights reserved.