Sala de las Dos Hermanas – A view of the ceiling
Located south of the Court of the Lions, the Hall of Two Sisters is ornate with beautiful geometric designs on its walls and ceiling.
Just like the Hall of Abencerrajas, the ceiling of this hall has the dome of the mocárabes, however, the design is different. The small colorful cells are arranged to form concentric geometrical shapes.
As you can see from the image, the outermost shape is a star-shaped polygon and enclosed within this shape is a hexadecagon (a polygon with 16 sides). The inner vertices of the outermost shape touch the middle points of the sides of the hexadecagon. Enclosed within this hexadecagon is an octagon (a polygon with 8 sides), and within this octagon, there are many layers of concentric shapes. Below the roof and covering the entire hall is a deck whose balustrades form an octagon. It is a delight to the eyes to view these fascinating geometric designs.
– Alhambra – Discover the magic of the Alhambra
– Palacios Nazaríes – Nasrid Palaces – A Shining Example of Moorish Art and Architecture
– Los Jardines del Partal – The Gardens of the Partal
– Alcazaba – A Formidable Fortress of the Nasrids
– Medina, the Bustling City of the Nasrids
– Alhambra – Christian-Era Monuments
– Alhambra – Outer Monuments
– Heavenly Gardens of the Nasrids
Real Alcázar of Seville:
– Pedro I Palace – A masterpiece of Mudéjar art and architecture
Copyright © 2020 – 2023 by YatrikaOne. All rights reserved.