Interior of the Torre de las Damas (Tower of the Ladies)
The image shows the hall behind the portico of the Torre de las Damas (Tower of the Ladies), a beautiful building located in the Jardines del Partal (Gardens of the Partal) area of the Alhambra in Granada, Spain. As you can see from the image, it provides a great view of the city of Granada.
Built sometime between 1302 and 1309 CE during the reign of Muhammed III, the Torre de las Damas, which used to be called the Partal, is one of the oldest buildings in the Alhambra. Partal means portico in Arabic. It is now part of the Gardens of the Partal, which got its name because of this building.
The Tower of the Ladies was used to be a part of the Nasrid Palaces. The people working in the palaces lived in the Gardens of the Partal area. The gardens replaced part of the Partal ruins in the 1930s.
– Palacios Nazaríes – Nasrid Palaces – A Shining Example of Moorish Art and Architecture
– Los Jardines del Partal – The Gardens of the Partal
– Alcazaba – A Formidable Fortress of the Nasrids
– Medina, the Bustling City
– Alhambra – Christian-Era Monuments
– Alhambra – Outer Monuments
Generalife – Heavenly Gardens of the Nasrids
Copyright © 2019 – 2020 by Lawrence Rodrigues. All rights reserved.