Moorish fountain used of ritual purification
Located in the center of the Patio de los Naranjos (Courtyard of the Orange Trees), the fountain with the octagonal basin shown in the image was part of the courtyard that belonged to the Almohad Mosque once stood in this space. It was intended for performing ritual ablutions, (i.e., washing hands and feet before entering the mosque).
– Seville Cathedral: An awe-inspiring architectural marvel
– La Giralda: A harmonious blend of Moorish and Renaissance architectural styles
– Sala Capitular – The Chapter House of the Seville Cathedral
– Sacristía Mayor – The Main Sacristy of the Seville Cathedral
– Las Setas of Seville – A modern artistic structure in a historical city
Copyright © 2020 – 2021 by YatrikaOne. All rights reserved.