A segment of the ramp of the Giralda
The lower half of the Giralda is part of the minaret whose interior consists of chambers at the center. Built around these chambers are the ramps that are wide and tall enough to allow people and horseback riders to climb the tower. There are a total of 35 ramp segments, starting at the entrance and ending near the Christian part of the Giralda.
The image shows a ramp segment (i.e., number 23) with the original flooring. As you can see, the ramp is big enough for people to walk comfortably and is lit by the light that passes through the window situated on the right side.
Seville Pages and Posts
– Seville Cathedral: An awe-inspiring architectural marvel
— Sala Capitular – The Chapter House of the Seville Cathedral
— Sacristía Mayor – The Main Sacristy of the Seville Cathedral
– La Giralda: A harmonious blend of Moorish and Renaissance architectural styles
– Las Setas of Seville – A modern artistic structure in a historical city
– Real Alcázar of Seville: Casa de Contratación (House of Trade)
– Real Alcázar of Seville: Pedro I Palace – A masterpiece of Mudéjar art and architecture
Copyright © 2020 – 2023 by YatrikaOne. All rights reserved.