Entrance to the King Don Pedro Palace
The image shows the majestic entrance to the King Don Pedro Palace, one of the main attractions in the Real Alcázar complex. Also shown is part of the ornate facade decorated in the Mudéjar style.
Mathematics played a vital role in creating beautiful art in the decoration of the facade. As you can see, the design is symmetrical about the vertical axis. The beam above the door has several voussoirs (wedge-shaped blocks) that are placed at regular intervals and slanted outwards. Flanking the door are the blind stilted arches, with the space above them decorated with beautiful sebka decorative motifs.
This view was captured from the Patio de la Montería. You can see visitors entering into a narrow hall known as the vestibule, which has passageways at the ends leading to the other rooms.
Related Posts and Pages
– Real Alcázar of Seville: Pedro I Palace – A masterpiece of Mudéjar art and architecture
– Real Alcázar of Seville: Casa de Contratación (House of Trade)
– Seville Cathedral: An awe-inspiring architectural marvel
– Sala Capitular – The Chapter House of the Seville Cathedral
– Sacristía Mayor – The Main Sacristy of the Seville Cathedral
– La Giralda: A harmonious blend of Moorish and Renaissance architectural styles
– Las Setas of Seville – A modern artistic structure in a historical city
Copyright © 2020 – 2023 by YatrikaOne. All rights reserved.