Ancient Moorish wall
The wall shown in the image separates the Patio del León (Courtyard of the Lion) and Patio de la Montería (Courtyard of Hunting). Visitors enter through the Puerta del León into the Patio del León and cross this wall to gather at the Patio de la Montería before they start the Real Alcazar tour.
The three arched doors were carved out of the defensive fortification to allow entry to the newly built Pedro I Palace. As you can see, there is a difference in construction methods. The brick-based archways were from the King Don Pedro era, whereas the stone-based rest of the wall was from the Almohad era.
Seville Pages and Posts
– Real Alcázar of Seville: Pedro I Palace – A masterpiece of Mudéjar art and architecture
– Real Alcázar of Seville: Casa de Contratación (House of Trade)
– Seville Cathedral: An awe-inspiring architectural marvel
— Sala Capitular – The Chapter House of the Seville Cathedral
— Sacristía Mayor – The Main Sacristy of the Seville Cathedral
– La Giralda: A harmonious blend of Moorish and Renaissance architectural styles
– Las Setas of Seville – A modern artistic structure in a historical city
Copyright © 2020 – 2023 by YatrikaOne. All rights reserved.