Ceiling of the Salón de Embajadores (Hall of Ambassadors)
The Salón de Embajadores was King Don Pedro’s throne room, and this was where he received emissaries and prominent people of his time. Check the Layout of the Pedro I Palace page for the location of this hall in the Pedro I Palace.
Undoubtedly, this is the most elaborately decorated room in the Pedro I Palace. Adding to its beauty is the perfect symmetry with which it was built and decorated. The square-shaped room is symmetrical about both the principal axis.
The exquisitely decorated ceiling is an excellent example of geometrical artwork using Mudéjar style design. Enclosing the perfectly circular shape is an octagram, a star-shaped polygon with eight angles, also a hexadecagon (a polygon with 16 sides).
The dazzling view of the ceiling is a delight to watch. The recessed circular panel is filled with small colorful polygons arranged in a geometrical pattern that radiates outwards from the star-like shape in the center. It gives an impression of the sky with a multitude of twinkling stars. The designers intended to make the people experience cosmic space in this room. It is believed that the artwork on the ceiling represents the cosmos, and the square room below represents the earth.
Other Salón de Embajadores Images
– Lateral wall with horseshoe arches
– Lateral wall with balcony
Seville Pages and Posts
– Real Alcázar of Seville: Pedro I Palace – A masterpiece of Mudéjar art and architecture
– Real Alcázar of Seville: Casa de Contratación (House of Trade)
– Seville Cathedral: An awe-inspiring architectural marvel
— Sala Capitular – The Chapter House of the Seville Cathedral
— Sacristía Mayor – The Main Sacristy of the Seville Cathedral
– La Giralda: A harmonious blend of Moorish and Renaissance architectural styles
– Las Setas of Seville – A modern artistic structure in a historical city
– Discover the Magic of Alhambra
— Palacios Nazaríes – Nasrid Palaces – A Shining Example of Moorish Art and Architecture
— Los Jardines del Partal — The Gardens of the Partal
— Alcazaba – A Formidable Fortress of the Nasrids
— Medina, the Bustling City
— Alhambra – Christian-Era Monuments
— Alhambra – Outer Monuments
– Generalife – Heavenly Gardens of the Nasrids
Copyright © 2020 – 2023 by YatrikaOne. All rights reserved.