Arch at the entrance to the ancient Olympic Stadium
The images shows the arch on the entrance to the ancient Olympia Stadium from the Sanctuary of Olympia in Greece.
Built in the late 3rd century BCE, the arched entrance, which is known as Krypte, is located on the western side of the stadium. Only the athletes and the officials were allowed to use this entrance.
– Entrance to the ancient Olympic Stadium
– Ancient Olympic Stadium with the race track
– Starting line marker embedded on the race track
– Olympia, Delphi, Athens, Meteora
– Crete, Greek Islands, Greece
– Minoan Civilization, Mycenaean Civilization
Copyright © 2017 – 2020 by Lawrence Rodrigues. All rights reserved.