Entrance to the ancient Olympic Stadium
The image shows the pathway and the entrance to the ancient stadium from the Sanctuary of Olympia in Greece. The ancient stadium is where the ancient Olympic Games were held.
Built in the late 3rd century BCE, the arched entrance, which is known as Krypte, is located on the western side of the stadium. Only the athletes and officials were allowed to use this entrance.
– Arch at the entrance to the ancient Olympic Stadium
– Ancient Olympic Stadium with the race track
– Starting line marker embedded on the race track
– Panathenaic Stadium in Athens
– Olympia, Delphi, Athens, Meteora
– Crete, Greek Islands, Greece
– Minoan Civilization, Mycenaean Civilization
Copyright © 2017 – 2020 by Lawrence Rodrigues. All rights reserved.