Surya, the Sun God
The image shows a beautifully carved statue of Surya, the sun god, standing in a small chamber in the back of the Nandi and Surya Shrine, located in the east side of the courtyard and in front of the south garbhagriha (inner sanctum) of the Halebidu Hoysaleswara Temple in Karnataka, India.
Majestically standing on a pedestal is Surya holding a lotus flower in each hand and is accompanied by his consorts Ushas (Goddess of Dawn) and Chhaya (Goddess of Shadow) at the bottom. Below the pedestal is a seven-horse chariot driven by Aruna, Surya’s sarathi (charioteer).
Surya Related Images
– Staue of Surya standing in the Nandi Temple in the Prambanan Temple complex located in Yogyakarta, Indonesia
– Surya sculpture mounted on the outer wall of the Somanathapura Keshava Temple in Karnataka, India
– Surya bas-relief carved into the ceiling of the Virupaksha Temple in Pattadakal, Karnataka, India
– Belur Chennakeshava Temple – Bracket Figures
– Belur Chennakeshava Temple – Navaranga
– Belur Chennakeshava Temple – Garbhagriha Outer Wall
– Kappe Chennigaraya Shrine
– Somanathapura Keshava Temple
Badami Chalukya Temples
– Badami, Cave – 1, Cave – 2, Cave – 3, Cave – 4
– Durga Temple at Aihole
Copyright © 2019 – 2022 by YatrikaOne. All rights reserved.