Statue of Surya, the Sun God
The statue of Dewa Surya (or Surya Deva) stands in the inner chamber of the Nandi Temple in Prambanan, which is located 11 miles northeast of Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
The Nandi Temple is dedicated to Shiva’s vehicle Nandi and is situated directly in front of the Shiva Temple. At the center of the inner chamber of this temple is its principal statue, Nandi. The Dewa Surya statue, which is shown in the image, is on the right side of Nandi, and the Dewa Chandra (Moon God) statue is on the left side of Nandi. These three statues symbolize the constant watch of Shiva by his vehicle Nandi, and the celestial objects, Sun and Moon.
Surya Related Pages
– Surya bas-relief carved into the ceiling of the Virupaksha Temple in Pattadakal, Karnataka, India
– Statue of Surya standing in the shrine behind the Nandi Mantapa situated inside the Halebidu Hoysaleswara Temple complex in Karnataka, India
– Surya sculpture mounted on the outer wall of the Somanathapura Keshava Temple in Karnataka, India
– Prambanan, Prambanan Bas-Reliefs, Borobudur, Bali, Indonesia
– Angkor Wat, Angkor Wat Bas-Reliefs, Banteay Srei, Cambodia
Copyright © 2020 – 2021 by YatrikaOne. All rights reserved.