Lotus bud with geometric patterns on the ceiling
The ceiling of the Navaranga has 16 finely-carved rectangular sections, i.e., the sabhamantapa (main hall) has nine sectors, and the mukhamantapa (porch) has seven sectors. The theme of the carvings is different phases of a blooming lotus bud.
As you can see from the image, the ceiling is recessed with a dome-like niche and is carved with mesmerizing geometrical patterns at different levels of the dome. The lotus bud is at the center and the pattern at the outer most level is an octagon.
– Somanathapura Keshava Temple
– Belur Chennakeshava Temple – Bracket Figures
– Belur Chennakeshava Temple – Navaranga
– Belur Chennakeshava Temple – Garbhagriha Outer Wall
– Kappe Chennigaraya Shrine
Badami Chalukya Temples
– Badami, Cave – 1, Cave – 2, Cave – 3, Cave – 4
– Durga Temple at Aihole
Copyright © 2019 – 2021 by YatrikaOne. All rights reserved.