Fighting and hunting scenes
The image shows one of the three paintings on the ceiling of the Sala de los Reyes (Hall of the Kings) located east of the Court of the Lions in the Alhambra, Granada, Spain. As you can see, the men appear to be hunting and fighting while the women watch from the towers.
Created during the reign of either Mohammed VII (1395 – 1410 CE) or Yusuf III (1410 – 1424 CE), these beautiful and expressive paintings appear to be the work of Christian painters. For this reason, you can see a strong influence of Christian art in these paintings.
The Hall of the Kings, which is a part of the Palace of the Lions, is one of the most interesting halls in the Nasrid Palaces, mainly because of these three paintings. Check the map of the Palace of the Lions for the location of the Hall of the Kings.
– Alhambra – Discover the magic of the Alhambra
– Palacios Nazaríes – Nasrid Palaces – A Shining Example of Moorish Art and Architecture
– Los Jardines del Partal – The Gardens of the Partal
– Alcazaba – A Formidable Fortress of the Nasrids
– Medina, the Bustling City of the Nasrids
– Alhambra – Christian-Era Monuments
– Alhambra – Outer Monuments
– Heavenly Gardens of the Nasrids
Real Alcázar of Seville:
– Pedro I Palace – A masterpiece of Mudéjar art and architecture
Copyright © 2020 – 2023 by YatrikaOne. All rights reserved.