The image shows the main altar of the Seville Cathedral in Spain.
The Retablo Mayor is the altarpiece behind the altar, which is an incredible work of art created by Pieter Dancart. It has 44 panels, each consisting of poly-chromed wooden reliefs covered with a copious amount of gold and depicting scenes from the life of Jesus Christ as described in the Bible.
Check these pages for a detailed description of the Retablo Mayor:
– Retablo Mayor – Altarpiece of the Main Chapel
– Canopy of the Altarpiece
– Virgen de la Sede (Virgin of the See) – Patron saint of the Seville Cathedral
Related Posts and Pages
– Seville Cathedral: An awe-inspiring architectural marvel
— Sala Capitular – The Chapter House of the Seville Cathedral
— Sacristía Mayor – The Main Sacristy of the Seville Cathedral
– La Giralda: A harmonious blend of Moorish and Renaissance architectural styles
– Las Setas of Seville – A modern artistic structure in a historical city
Copyright © 2020 – 2021 by Lawrence Rodrigues. All rights reserved.