Monastery of St. John the Theologian in Patmos
St. John, an Apostle of Jesus and the author of one of the new testaments, lived later part of his life in a cave on the island of Patmos, Greece. He wrote The Book of Revelation while living there. For this reason, Patmos is known in the Christian world as the island of Apocalypse.
The Monastery of St. John the Theologian, which is now a Greek Orthodox monastery, was dedicated to him and was built in the 11th century around the cave where he lived. It is now a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Other Patmos Images
– Frescoes on the walls of Monastery of St. John the Theologian
– A finely-carved wooden door at the Monastery of St. John the Theologian
– A panoramic view from Patmos
– A panoramic view with windmills
– Greek Islands, Athens, Olympia, Delphi, Meteora, Crete, Greece
– Minoan Civilization, Mycenaean Civilization
Copyright © 2018 – 2020 by Lawrence Rodrigues. All rights reserved.