Island of Patmos and surrounding areas
Located near the west coast of Turkey in the Aegean Sea, Patmos is a small island belonging to Greece. It is very scenic and a popular tourist destination. As you can see from the image, a cruise ship is anchored in the port. Check the Greek Islands page for other popular islands in the Aegean Sea.
Known in the Christian world as the island of Apocalypse, Patmos is where St. John the Evangelist spent later part of his life and wrote the Book of Revelation living in a cave.
Other Patmos Images
– A panoramic view with windmills
– Monastery of St. John the Theologian
– A finely-carved wooden door at the Monastery of St. John the Theologian
– Frescoes on the walls of Monastery of St. John the Theologian
– Greek Islands, Athens, Olympia, Delphi, Meteora, Crete, Greece
– Minoan Civilization, Mycenaean Civilization
Copyright © 2018 – 2022 by YatrikaOne. All rights reserved.