It depicts a story from Ramayana in which Rama kills an unidentified rakshasa (demon) with an arrow while his brother Lakshmana watches. As the rakshasa lay dying, his real form emerges out of his body.
In the Shiva Temple, there are numerous bas-reliefs depicting scenes from Ramayana. The stories behind most of these bas-reliefs are identifiable.
Check the Prambanan Bas-Reliefs page for a detailed explanation of Ramayana and other bas-reliefs.
Here is a list of Ramayana related images:
– Rama, Sita and Lakshmana leaving Ayodhya for exile
– King Dasharatha’s funeral
– Dancing at the inauguration of Bharata
– Ravana abducting Sita
– Rama slaying Mareecha
– Rama killing Viradha
– Rama killing Kabandha
– Vanara Sené building Rama Setu
Other Related Images
– Shiva Temple
– Corridor surrounding the inner sanctum of the Shiva Temple
Copyright © 2018 – 2021 YatrikaOne. All rights reserved.