Pavilion in the north wing of the Plaza de España
The Plaza de España is one of the iconic landmarks of Seville and a popular tourist attraction. It is a grand semi-circular building with a canal in front. Built at the two ends of the building are the imposing towers that are visible all over the city.
The image shows the richly-decorated pavilion in the north wing of the building. As you can see, the entrance has three arched doors with a flight of steps to its two upper floors. The middle floor also has three arched doors opening into a balcony from which visitors can watch the magnificent view of the building and its surroundings.
Built in 1928 to showcase Andalusia in the Ibero-American Exhibition of 1929, the Plaza de España reflects the multi-cultural roots of Andalusia with its architecture and decoration.
Seville Pages and Posts
– Seville Cathedral: An awe-inspiring architectural marvel
— Sala Capitular – The Chapter House of the Seville Cathedral
— Sacristía Mayor – The Main Sacristy of the Seville Cathedral
– La Giralda: A harmonious blend of Moorish and Renaissance architectural styles
– Las Setas of Seville – A modern artistic structure in a historical city
– Real Alcázar of Seville: Casa de Contratación (House of Trade)
– Real Alcázar of Seville: Pedro I Palace – A masterpiece of Mudéjar art and architecture
Copyright © 2020 – 2023 by YatrikaOne. All rights reserved.