Island of Patmos as seen from the sea
Located near the west coast of Turkey in the Aegean Sea, Patmos is a small island belonging to Greece. The image shows a view of Patmos from the Aegean Sea. Patmos is very scenic and a popular tourist attraction.
Known in the Christian world as the island of Apocalypse, Patmos is where St. John the Evangelist spent later part of his life and wrote the Book of Revelation living in a cave.
Other Patmos Images
– A panoramic view with windmills
– Monastery of St. John the Theologian
– A finely-carved wooden door at the Monastery of St. John the Theologian
– Frescoes on the walls of Monastery of St. John the Theologian
– Greek Islands, Athens, Olympia, Delphi, Meteora, Crete, Greece
– Minoan Civilization, Mycenaean Civilization
Copyright © 2018 – 2020 by Lawrence Rodrigues. All rights reserved.