Multi-storied structure at the Knossos Palace
The image shows the ruins of a multi-storied structure situated at the archeological site of Knossos located on the island of Crete, Greece.
This structure is part of the palace complex that belonged to the Minoans, a mysterious civilization that thrived in Crete more than 4000 years ago.
Sir Arthur Evans, the British archaeologist who excavated the site, reconstructed part of the structure at its original place and he did so by using modern materials.
– Ruins of Palace at Knossos
– Reconstructed hall with columns and frescoes
– Bastion of the Bull
– King’s Megaron and Stoa
– Queen’s Megaron
– Prince of the Lilies Fresco
– Dolphins Fresco
– Griffin Fresco in the Throne Room
– Bull Leaping Fresco
– Ladies in Blue Fresco
– Minoan Civilization, Mycenaean Civilization
– Athens, Olympia, Delphi, Meteora,
– Crete, Greek Islands, Greece
Copyright © 2017 – 2020 by Lawrence Rodrigues. All rights reserved.