The image shows the fresco of a Griffin painted on a wall of the Throne Room located on the archaeological site of Knossos in Crete, Greece.
Griffins are mythological creatures with the head and wings of an eagle and body and tail of a lion.
Palace at Knossos Images
– Throne room with frescoes
– Horns of Consecration – Sacred horns of the bull
– Ruins of a multi-storied structure
– Ruins of Palace at Knossos
– Reconstructed hall with columns and frescoes
– Bastion of the Bull
– King’s Megaron and Stoa
– Queen’s Megaron
– Jars at “The Magazines of the Great Pithoi”
– Pithoi Jars
– Prince of the Lilies Fresco
– Dolphins Fresco
– Bull Leaping Fresco
– Ladies in Blue Fresco
– Minoan Civilization, Mycenaean Civilization
– Athens, Olympia, Delphi, Meteora
– Crete, Greek Islands, Greece
Copyright © 2017 – 2020 by Lawrence Rodrigues. All rights reserved.