Ladies in Blue fresco
The image shows the Ladies in Blue fresco on display at the Knossos Palace located on the island of Crete, Greece. It belonged to the Minoans, a mysterious culture that thrived in Crete more than 4000 years ago.
Beautiful and colorful frescoes decorated the walls of the Minoan palaces and houses. They followed certain color codes, most likely borrowed from the Egyptians. These color codes are, red for men, white for women, yellow for gold.
Palace at Knossos Images
– Horns of Consecration – Sacred horns of the bull
– Ruins of a multi-storied structure
– Ruins of Palace at Knossos
– Reconstructed hall with columns and frescoes
– Bastion of the Bull
– King’s Megaron and Stoa
– Queen’s Megaron
– Reconstructed wooden throne
– Jars at “The Magazines of the Great Pithoi”
– Pithoi Jars
Copyright © 2017 – 2020 by Lawrence Rodrigues. All rights reserved.