Shivalinga inside the Girbagriha
The image shows the Shivalinga carved inside the garbhagriha (sanctum sanctorum) of Cave – 1, a rock-cut cave temple dedicated to Shiva. It is one of the four caves carved out of the soft sandstone rock located near Badami in Karnataka, India.
Cave – 1 Images
– Facade and Entrance
– Cave – 1 Ground Plan
– Right side view: Nataraja performing Tandava Nritya
– Left side view: Dwarapala, Shiva-Parvati, Vrishabha-Kunjara
– Mukhamantapa right wall: Ardhanarishvara and Sage Bhringi
– Mukhamantapa left wall: Harihara – Fusion of Shiva and Vishnu
– Mukhamantapa ceiling: Nagaraja
– Interior: Garbhagriha and pillars
Copyright © 2019 – 2021 by YatrikaOne. All rights reserved.