A snake on the summit
It appears that the rock summit is home to snakes. The snake shown in the image was enjoying the warmth and curiously watching the visitors on a staircase near the south palace complex. It is likely a buff striped keelback (amphiesma stolatum), a nonvenomous snake commonly found in Sri Lanka.
Rock Summit Pages
– Central Palace Ruins
– East Palace Complex Ruins
– Ruins in the eastern section with the rock-cut throne
– Boulder Pond 2
– Ruins in the southern section
– Central Bathing Pool – A view from the southeast corner
– Central Bathing Pool – A view from the northeast corner
– Central Bathing Pool – A view from the southwest corner
Copyright © 2023 by YatrikaOne. All rights reserved.